Wax paper and PE coated paper are papers that people often use in daily life. Many people don't know them very well. Next, the editor of Kolysen Packaging will introduce the difference between waxed paper and coated paper.
The difference between waxed paper and PE coated paper:
Wax paper is made of bleached chemical wood pulp, high-viscosity beating, re-sizing, papermaking on a thin-sheet paper machine, and super calendering. Used as a protective packaging material for various foods, medicines, precision instrument parts, and silk fabrics. The wax paper meets the requirements of the SGS environmental protection certification. It has extremely high gloss, no holes, no spots, no dust, high tensile strength, and tear strength. Generally, there is white wax paper and brown wax paper, and it can also be customized with custom prints according to the customer’s request.
PE Coated paper is a composite material that coats plastic particles on the surface of the paper through a casting machine. The main feature is that the composite material is oil-proof, waterproof (relatively), and can be heat-sealed.
What are the characteristics of wax paper?
Wax paper is white and bleached. It can be dyed into different colors according to product needs. Silica (quartz powder) is used as a white pigment, and some waxes with a high melting point are added. The adhesive is preferably animal glue. After coating, it is made by repeated polishing on a grindstone polisher. There are also papers that are not coated and only rubbed with flint to achieve a waxy effect. It is mostly used for decoration, exquisite packaging, and other occasions.
What are the main characteristics of PE coated paper?
1. Cleanliness: refers to the cleanliness and cleanliness of the surface. Because the production environments of release paper manufacturers are not the same, most of them are not dust-free studios. Due to cost issues, it is impossible to use dust-free studios. Generally speaking, it is an ordinary factory building. If it is better, there will be many improvements in environmental protection and the environment, which will affect the cleanliness.
2. Release degree: refers to the release degree of release paper. There is no absolute value at this point. It depends on the formula of each manufacturer.
3. Peeling force: Peeling force refers to whether the product is easy to tear off. Of course, there are strict test standards for this.
What are the uses of wax paper?
Wax paper is mainly used for color box compartments (to prevent scratches), packaging shoes, clothing, handbags, leather goods, red wine, toys, fruits, vegetables, gift box linings, and handicraft packaging, etc., greatly improving the packaging grade of products.
What scope of PE coated paper is generally used:
1. Chemical industry: desiccant packaging, preservative;
2. Food: tea packaging, melon seed bags, bread bags, hamburger packaging, sugar packaging, coffee packaging bags;
3. Paper: copper paper packaging, light coated paper packaging, copy paper (neutral paper);
4. Living categories: salt packaging, paper cups
5. Medicine packaging: medical equipment packaging, Chinese medicine packaging, pesticide packaging;
6. Other categories: test machine paper, airbag, seed bag paper, coated silicon for self-adhesive bottom paper making, kraft paper tape, coated anti-rust oil for anti-rust packaging, disposable travel supplies.
As a professional factory over 20 years in the field of food packaging, kolysen Packaging's product of wax paper and PE coated paper has entered more than 50 countries such as the United States, Germany, Mexico, Brazil, South Africa, Egypt, India, welcome to contact us if any question or interested on our products.
We are here to help you! If you close the chatbox, you will automatically receive a response from us via email. Please be sure to leave your contact details so that we can better assist